A person acquiring this course will be able to manage first line managers in an organizational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen.
The focus of this course is to enable learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence in respect of life and work relations.
- Analysing the role of emotional intelligence in interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships in life and work situations.
- Analysing the impact of emotional intelligence on life and work interactions.ping.
- Evaluating own level of emotional intelligence in order to determine development areas.
- Explain the concept of emotional intelligence and how this impacts on leadership.
- Analysing the relationship between emotional intelligence and self-awareness in relation to leadership.
- Analysing the relationship between emotional intelligence and self-management in relation to leadership.
- Analysing the relationship between emotional intelligence and social awareness in relation to leadership.
- Applying techniques for responding to situations in an emotionally intelligent manner.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members.