The targeted audience for this course are individuals looking to learn writing skills to apply in business and corporate space.We aim to equip learners with the necessary skills to improve their written and oral communication in business and in the workplace.The course will unitmately enable learners to recognise and effectively use textual conventions and features specific to business texts.
The purpose of the course is to enable individuals to:
- Using textual features and conventions specific to texts
- Identifying the intended audience for the communication
- Identifying the purpose of a text
- Selecting the appropriate text type, format and layout for the purpose
- Organising and structuring a technical text appropriately
- Using appropriate grammar conventions
- Drafting and editing a technical text
- Recognising errors and checking for accuracy
- Presenting the same information in different ways
- Using plain language in business
- Use textual features and conventions specific to business texts for effective writing.
- Identify and collect information needed to write a text specific to a particular function.
- Compose a text using plain language for a specific function.
- Organise and structure a text appropriately for a business function.
- Present a written text for a particular function in a business environment.