This qualification lays the foundation for the development of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It specifically develops management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who are currently operating as junior managers. The qualification introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to be informed managers in any occupation. It has also been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
The purpose of the course is to enable individuals to:
- Gathering and analysing information.
- Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
- Complying with organisational standards.
- Motivating an individual or team.
- Negotiating in a work situation.
- Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
- Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
- Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
- Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.
- Demonstrating understanding of the consequences in a work unit of HIV/AIDS.
- US242824 : Apply leadership concepts in a work context
- US242815 : Apply the organisation's code of conduct in a work environment
- US242816 : Conduct a structured meeting
- US242822 : Employ a systematic approach to achieving objectives
- US242821 : Identify responsibilities of a team leader in ensuring that organisational standards are met
- US242810 : Manage Expenditure against a budget
- US242829 : Monitor the level of service to a range of customers
- US242819 : Motivate and Build a Team
- US242811 : Prioritise time and work for self and team
- US242817 : Solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions
- US119472 : Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication
- US119457 : Interpret and use information from texts
- US119467 : Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes
- US119465 : Write/present/sign texts for a range of communicative contexts
- US242812 : Induct a member into a team.
- US13915 : Demonstrate understanding of HIV/AIDS and its impact on the workplace.
- US242820 : Maintain records for a team.
- US242814 : Identify and explain the core and support functions of an organisation
- US242813 : Explain the contribution made by own area of responsibility to the overall organisational strategy
- US242818 : Describe the relationship of junior management to other management roles
- US251960 : Identify and describe disaster related risks and threatening situations utilizing basic disaster management concepts and indigenous knowledge
- US11473 : Manage individual and team performance
- US242668 : Demonstrate knowledge and application of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993 (OHSA) (as amended) and the responsibilities of management in terms of the Act
- US13952 : Demonstrate basic understanding of the Primary labour legislation that impacts on a business unit,
- US113852 : Apply occupational health, safety and environmental principles
- US242840 : Make oral presentations